We realize that figuring out how to request and obtain services can sometimes be confusing
We created the “How Do I?” page to provide you with consistent, reliable and clear step-by-step instructions, downloadable forms, and contact information, so you have easy access and guidance for all of the services ISD Operations offers!
Access the online WebBASIS website to obtain direct contact information and access to Budget and Billing reports system.
Access the latest ISD Rate Handbook to get rate information on ISD’s services.
Access the Los Angeles Solicitation website to view Open and/or Closed Bid Solicitations.
Visit the SoCalREN website for energy efficiency resources and programs for residents, businesses, and public agencies.
Find out the latest on the Los Angeles County PACE Program, residential PACE program by clicking here.
Access the Purchasing Agreements website to get a listing of all of ISD’s Agreements.
Access the Vendor Payment Information (VPI) for flexibility and convenience of contacting VPI via email, live operator or voice message.
Send an email to ISDHROperations@isd.lacounty.gov to connect with an ISD Human Resource staff member to provide a verbal employment verification.
Complete the online Wireless Request form to request a new, upgrade, reassign, disconnect, etc., cell phone.
Visit Los Angeles County ISD Rideshare Program to get information about Carpool, Vanpool, Transit and Electrifyze the answers to all your electric car questions.
Experiencing a POWER OUTAGE at an LA County Department building?
Contact your building/facilities administrator (or your manager/supervisor) to determine if it’s a utilities issue (which would likely affect more than one building) OR a problem within the building.
If a utilities issue and you are in Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (LADWP) territory (City of Los Angeles), visit LADWP.com Outage Information page or call 1(800) 342-5397.
If a utilities issue and you are in SoCal Edison territory (unincorporated LA County, etc.), visit SCE.com Power Outages page or call 1(800) 611-1911.
If determined to be an issue within just your building (and your building/facilities administrator is unable to identify or fix the issue), call ISD at (888) 344-4473.
Access the Online Self-Serve Registration website to request account(s).
Access the Password Account Management System to reset or unlock your password.
Submit a public Records Request for Internal Services Department (ISD) under the California Public Records Act (CPRA) by accessing ISD’s public Records Request web portal. Official records are held by ISD pursuant to governing document retention schedules.
Visit ISD’s Contracting Division site to submit and/or check the status of a Contract Service Request.
ISD Contracting Division solicits and awards contracts for key County services, and serves in an advisory and training capacity for Countywide contracting mandated programs; audits construction contracts for compliance equal rights laws and regulations; and ensures compliance with contracting laws and regulations.
Custodial, Landscaping & Pest Control
How Do I Find My Facility | Click Here
Nermeen Awad, Division Manager
Jermen Mehrabi, Secretary
(For inquiries, Concerns, and/or Complaints, contact the above.)
CONTRACT & FINANCE
North: William Hidalgo
South: Peter Kim
Field Operations: Michael Zambrano
EMERGENCY & AFTER HOUR REQUESTS
Department of Operations Center
(323) 835-4741 | 24-hr. Assistance
One Time Custodial, Landscape, or Pest Control Service?
Customers need to fill out a Service Request (SR). Once the SR is completed, submit to CustomerCenterOPS@isd.lacounty.gov.
Since Center of Disease & Control and Public Health requirements for COVID-19 cleaning have relaxed, ISD Custodial & Landscape Division have implemented enhancement cleaning on a daily basis. Customer now need to fill out a regular Service Request (SR) and submit it to CustomerCenterOPS@isd.lacounty.gov. You may also contact us at (323) 267-3100 for immediate assistance.
How Fast Will Work Get Completed:
During & After Normal Working Hours:
- Within Four (4)-Hours; ISD Custodial division will respond to all emergency calls including, but not limited to, flood clean up, health and safety matters, fallen tree, etc.
- Within Twenty-Four (24)-Hour; ISD Custodial division will respond to any COVID requests, deep or enhance cleaning, if it is for one-time service.
- Within Four (4)-Hours; ISD Custodial Division will respond to all emergency calls including, but not limited to, flood clean up, health and safety matters, fallen tree, etc.
- Within Twenty-Four (24)-Hours; ISD Custodial Division will respond to any COVID requests, deep or enhance cleaning, if it is for one-time service.
There are some instances during unusual service demands that ISD is not able to meet service standards, such as unusual Breakdown or Crisis.
Status of Completed Work
The Contract Monitor for the work in question is accountable to close out the SR with the contact person that made the original request, in addition to informing the point of contact regarding the project completion. For further assistance, please call (323) 267-3100.
Once the SR is completed, please submit to: CustomerCenterOPS@isd.lacounty.gov.
If you have further questions regarding your Scope of Work (SOW) coverage, please email the Section Manager for your District. To find what district your facility belongs to, click here.
North: William Hidalgo (818) 897-9139, WHidalgo@isd.lacounty.gov
South : Peter Kim (562) 940-2406, PKim2@isd.lacounty.gov
Field Operation: Michael Zambrano (818) 298-9127, MZambrano@isd.lacounty.gov
- Vacant, Secretary (323) 267-2225 ISD@isd.lacounty.gov
- SERVICE REQUESTS & ESTIMATES Omar Prioleau (323) 881-3712 OPrioleau@isd.lacounty.gov
- STATUS OR ISSUES Omar Prioleau (323) 881-3712 OPrioleau@isd.lacounty.gov
Access the latest ISD Operations Service Contact List for direct contact to ISD’s services.
This Service Request is used for various services within ISD
- Fill out information in fields #2-31 (Other boxes are for office use only).
- After filling out fields #2-31, email the completed SR to: CustomerCenterOPS@isd.lacounty.gov.
- Once the form is emailed, Customers will receive an Auto-Generated Reply from the Customer Service Center or Special Services stating the request has been received.
- Customer Service Center will process request and submit it to the Finance Department. After Finance Department approves the request and enters it into the Basis System, they will send it back to the Customer Service Center no later than the next business day. The Customer Service Center will then assign the request to the appropriate craft section.
Customer Portal Access:
Mei Lew, Info. Tech. Specialist, ITS
If you have any issues with the status of your work request or the work itself, and you are not able to resolve it with the team performing the services, please contact our Customer Center, Project Manager, Omar Prioleau, (562) 306-8807 or email OPrioleau@isd.lacounty.gov.
Pest Control Services
Once the SR is completed, please submit to: CustomerCenterOPS@isd.lacounty.gov. If you have further questions regarding your Scope of Work (SOW) coverage, please email the Section Manager for your District. To find what district your facility belongs to, click here. DISTRICTS North: William Hidalgo (818) 897-9139, WHidalgo@isd.lacounty.gov South : Peter Kim (562) 940-2406, PKim2@isd.lacounty.gov Field Operation: Michael Zambrano (818) 298-9127, MZambrano@isd.lacounty.gov
Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
Email EVsupport@isd.lacounty.gov for all issues related to outages and repairs.
If users need support on how to use the PowerFlex app or the charging stations, they should contact Support@powerflex.com.
Customer needs to complete form Request Chargers and email to EVSErequests@isd.lacounty.gov.
ISD will send the Customer a quote for the initial site inspection based on information identified on the form, and will contact Customer to explain the cost of the initial assessment and what it includes. The Customer will then fill out a Service Request (SR) for the cost of the site inspection via email to EVSErequests@isd.lacounty.gov.
After the initial assessment, if the department wants project implementation to move forward, ISD will provide a quote for services to the Customer along with an Service Level Agreement (SLA). Once the SLA is signed and costs are approved, ISD will work with Customer on a project implementation timeline.
Unlike traditional departments that are fully funded through the budgeting process, the Clean Transportation activities are not. To close the gap on funding short falls the ISD Clean Transportation Team will cover its costs for services by charging fees, effective immediately. Therefore, when you complete a form to Request Chargers, ISD also needs to receive a funded Service Request, with payment information allowing ISD to charge your account when services are completed.
If ISD receives grants or Net County Cost (NCC) funding, the Clean Transportation Team may be able to co-fund a portion of the work. Customers can decide to include project costs in their department budget requests or request that ISD include the project cost in the next round of NCC requests.
Learn how to download and use the PowerFlex app by watching video below or use these instruction to register, load your wallet, and start a charging session using your phone.
Visit https://isd.lacounty.gov/electric-vehicle-and-charging-stations/ for information on how to locate and use a County-operated Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station.
Complete an Electric Vehicle Charging Station Request Form and submit it to EVProgram@isd.lacounty.gov to get started.
Facility Management Division & Civic Center Support
Floyd Williams, Division Manager
Melissa Placencia, Secretary
Hubert (Bert) Westby, Manager
Parking Lot Issues
After Hour Emergency Service
24-hr County Operator
- Civic Center Maintenance – Preventative maintenance, facility repair, and facility improvements for Civic Center buildings.
- Civic Center Custodial – Cleaning, floor care and special projects to ensure a safe and sanitary work and public space.
- Special Services – Provides the infrastructure, equipment and setup for special events, constituent meetings, press conferences and other projects such as vaccine PODs and food banks.
- Coordinated Services – Serves as the coordinating agent for multiple ISD services that support the Civic Center when ISD is delivering large sale projects that require project coordination and communications with the BOS, CEO and customer departments.
Purchase New Vehicles
- Listed on Vehicle Replacement Plan
- Follow the guidelines on the Procedures for Vehicles Replacement Plan
- Not listed on Vehicle Replacement Plan
Follow the Vehicle Purchase Checklist
Since every vehicle purchase differs slightly, please contact the persons listed on the Vehicle Purchase Checklist for assistance, if needed.
Purchasing Vehicle Inquiries
Download and install the PowerFlex Application on your smartphone:
First-Time Setup – Click Here
Fleet Charging – Click Here
ISD Fleet support staff will then process the vehicle for disposal at public auction by the contracted auction vendor. Sale proceeds from the auction less a 15% Board-approved fee will be returned to your department.
Download ISDs Fleet Mobile app, the Powerflex Mobile app or click HERE for Electric Vehicles and Charging stations.
Install ISD Fleet App
- Install App on your iPhone or Android smart phone. This ISD developed and maintained app will provide the same map as online as well as provide the closest fuel site to you at the click of a button. This app also provides many other useful features. Download instructions by clicking here.
Fleet & Logistics
Anet Charbakhsh, Manager
Lisa Martinez, Secretary
Michael Sanchez, Fleet Manager
Leana Anderson, Mail Service Manager
How Do I Register?
Ensure you have already registered with Fuel Focus to obtain fuel and have already acquired your Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you have not yet registered, please submit the Fuel Focus Registration Form to the email address on the form for expedited registration. Once registration is complete, the registrant will be sent a confirmation along with instructions how to set up a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for use at the fuel sites.
If you have already registered but have not established your PIN, call (562) 658-1658 to establish it before attempting to obtain fuel.
Select the most appropriate fueling site for your needs from the online fueling map found here: https://apps.gis.lacounty.gov/fuelmap.htm clicking on a site icon will reveal site details such as fuel type available, hours of operation, address and the department it belongs to. Alternately, download the ISD Fleet Mobile App and use the County Fuel Sites function to locate the site most appropriate for you. See separate installation instructions.
If you cannot obtain fuel, please contact one of the following numbers for assistance.
During Business Hours
Los Angeles Sheriff Department
(323) 267 – 2169
Los Angeles County Fire Department
(323) 980 – 0546
Department of Public Works
(323) 881 – 3919
All Departments Customer Assistance
(562) 658-1658 OR (562) 940-3305
To obtain a smog check from an ISD Vehicle Service Center, please call the appropriate ISD Fleet Service Center to confirm your vehicle needs a smog check and, if so, make an appointment. In most cases you will be able to wait while the smog check is performed.
Arrive on the date/time of the appointment and the Service Center staff will perform the smog check on-site. If the vehicle passes, your service visit will end. If the vehicle fails, ISD Fleet will be notified and you will be given an estimate of repairs necessary to affect a successful completion of the smog check.
Each of the lockers is secured by a combination lock and a knob that latches the door. The combination is a four-digit number which is set by ISD Fleet staff.
When notified by ISD Fleet staff that license plates, registration tabs/cards, and other documents are available, Fleet staff will provide the recipient with the four-digit combination for the locker in which their documents are located.
The recipient can come to the ISD Fleet office anytime between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday – Friday and use the four-digit combination to unlock the locker, turn the knob clockwise to open the locker, retrieve their documents, sign the receipt, place the receipt back in the locker and latch the door by turning the knob counter-clockwise. Spinning the combination dials then locks it and Fleet staff will retrieve the receipt when they arrive at the office. The combination is then changed for the next customer.
Conversely, if the customer needs to drop off documents, keys, etc., they can call the ISD Fleet Services office at (323) 881-3919 and get the combination to an unused locker in which to drop off their items and Fleet staff will retrieve them upon their arrival to the office.
- Complete the Motor Pool User Registration form; email completed form to address at the bottom of the form.
- Once registered, you will need to complete the County Vehicle Use Authorization form and present it to the Motor Pool clerk upon check out of the vehicle.
Motor Pool vehicles are assigned to all ISD Fleet Service Centers, please call to confirm availability. Rental rates are per calendar day and include weekends and holidays.
Rental of ISD Pool Vehicle Inquiries
Ricardo Baires, Jr.
Alternatively, you may utilize the ISD Fleet Mobile App to schedule a service appointment by using the “Service Appointment” function. View instructions for installing the Mobile App on either Android or iPhone are available.
Note: Certain vehicles larger than a pickup cannot be serviced at our Culver City or Alameda Service Centers. The Hall of Administration Service Center is restricted to vehicles participating in the MSV program ONLY.
- Purchasing – Fleet Services will assist you to purchase a vehicle that meets County policy and standards for County fleet vehicles.
- DMV Services – Fleet Services will assist you to acquires plates, titles, renewed tags, and smog inspections to meet requirements.
- Warranty Services – Fleet Services offers internal warranty services for certain manufacturers so your wait time to have warranty work is minimized.
- Maintenance – Fleet Services provides preventative maintenance and repair services to keep your vehicles running safely and efficiently.
- Fuel – Fleet Services purchase and supplies fuel to 3 County fueling locations so you have easy access to fuel for your vehicles at County locations. Fleet uses Fuel Focus to manage fuel and record your fleet use of fuel.
- Disposal – Fleet Services will assist you to surplus your County asset in accordance with the requirements of dispositioning a publicly owned asset.
- Pool Vehicles – Fleet Services offers the ability to schedule the use of a pool vehicle for short term use.
- Reporting – Fleet Services can run reporting for you to examine how your fleet is being managed, including overdue maintenance reports, underutilization reports, toll/moving violation reporting, damage and accident reports, fuel use and other reporting to assist you in the oversight of your County vehicles.
Leana Anderson, Section Manager
Package with no receipted mail Tracking Label – due to the high volume of daily mail, ISD is only able to track Receipted Mail Tracking Label or a U.S. Postal Service E-certified label which has been metered through our Exela – Metering Contractor, Michael Craig at (323) 263-1555
U.S. Mail; i.e., First Class, Presort, Certified, etc.
For further assistance, contact ISDMailSupport@isd.lacounty.gov or calling ISD Mail Services at (323) 267-3988.
Access Mail Tracking System
ISD Mail Services offers the ability to track any inter-office mail to all our customers by using our SendSuite Desktop – Receipted Mail Package Tracking System.
Go to our “SendSuite Desktop – Receipted Mail Package Tracking System” intranet website located at http://mailtrak.co.la.ca.us/dems and type in the User ID and Password used to log-in to Windows in your computer, then click the “Login” tab.
ISD Mailstop Service Request Form Instructions
For more information call ISD Mail Services at (323) 267-3988.
Maintenance & Operations
Shalia Budd, Secretary
District 2 (North), David Harris
District 3 (West), Cory French
District 4 (South/East), Jesus (Jesse) Manzano
Support I, Guillermo (Bill) Hurtado
Support II, Michael Roberts
After Hour/Emergency Assistance
Whether you have routed your request through the ISD Ops Customer Center or contacted the M&O District directly, you should receive an estimates time of arrival within 24 hours of the assignment.
What if I want to keep Track of the Status of the Work Through Completion?
Please click the “How Do I Track the Status of My Work Request?” (noted above) to find out how.
ISD has three (3) regional maintenance offices, and one (1) central team service for the Civic Center that houses electrical, plumbing, Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC), elevator and other recurring maintenance services. There are twelve (12) categories of building systems that are maintained in a basic Service Level Agreement (SLA) by these teams. The SLA matrix provides a detailed breakdown of each of these categories, subcomponents within each category, and what is covered with the SLA for each category.
If it is cited in the SLA matrix, then it is covered in your twelve (12) -month billable services with ISD. The matrix also provides categories of areas that are not included in the SLA regardless of amount, such as vandalism and other issues that are not normal within the course of maintaining a building.
Specialty Support and Repair
In addition to the services offered by the regional maintenance teams, ISD has two (2) support teams that specialize in infrequent services, specialty services and larger maintenance projects. Services include areas such as painting, roofing, concrete, generators, insulation and mold remediation among others.
For a full list of ISD maintenance services please click here.
You can access the Customer Service Portal Guide and the FAMIS Service Portal through these links. For a helpful video tutorial on accessing the portal, checkout FAMIS Customer Portal YouTube Video.
If you need to register for access to the Customer Portal or forgot your login information, please contact our Customer Center Project Manager, Omar Prioleau, (323) 881-3712 or email OPrioleau@isd.lacounty.gov.
If you have any issues with the status of your work request or the work itself, and you are not able to resolve it with the team performing the services, please contact our Customer Center, Omar Prioleau, (323) 881-3712 or email OPrioleau@isd.lacounty.gov.
During Normal Working Hours
- Within two (2)-Hours; All calls involving risk or injury to persons and/or damage or loss of property (e.g. persons trapped in elevator).
- Four (4) Hours; Calls from Proprietors regarding significant discomfort to or disruption of building occupants’ operations (e.g. air conditioning).
- Within three (3)-Days; ISD will respond within three (3) – working days to all service requests, except as noted above.
Outside of Normal Working Hours
- Within three (3) – Hours; All calls involving risk or injury to persons and/or damage or loss of property (e.g. flooding).
- Within three (3) – Days; ISD will respond within three (3) – working days to all service requests, except as noted above.
There are some instances during unusual service demand that ISD is not able to meet service standards, such as unusual heat waves, extraordinary circumstances such as priority resources to respond to fire season, etc.
Services from our specialty support teams such as painting, roofing, concrete, etc., are not covered in the SLA and require individual funding through Service Requests.
In terms of your 12-month billable rate, the Auditor-Controller currently requires ISD to use a three-year historical average of actual costs for each department. Therefore, each year, your 12-month billable rate gets adjusted by re-calculating a new three-year average.
See How Do I Submit a Service Request for Services Not Covered by the SLA?
Evelina Shahverdian, Secretary
- Monday – Friday: 6 AM – 3:30 PM, accessible 24/7
- Entrance: Southwest of the garage
- Exit: Northwest of the garage
- Monday – Friday: 6 AM – 3:30 PM (exit closes at 7 PM)
- Entrance: Northeast of the garage
- Exit: Southeast of the garage
A Parking Participant must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time, permanent employee in active service.
- Headquartered work location is in the Civic Center.
- Works in the Civic Center at least 3 days/week.
- Utilizes their Traffic Mitigation Allowance as payment toward their Parking Fee.
- Has executed appropriate documents that authorize the Auditor-Controller to make a payroll deduction to pay for parking in approved lot.
Contact your department’s Parking Coordinator (Coordinator) to request for parking.
Not sure who your Coordinator is? Contact ISD Parking Services for help.
Your Coordinator will complete applicable HR and other department specific forms that may be necessary to obtain parking. In addition, your Coordinator will complete a Parking Permit Request Form (Form) and submit it to ISD Parking Services.
Once all items have been verified and confirmed, Parking Services will process the Form and contact the Coordinator to arrange a pick-up date and time for the Permit.
Paying For Parking
Reimbursement For Parking, if applicable:
Access MARS link: https://ewp.lacounty.gov/workplace/
Log in: The Los Angeles County WORKP[LAC]E
Enter Log in Credentials: Employee # & Password
Click on: Mileage & Parking to access MARS Mileage options page
In order to process any changes, the Coordinator must submit a Parking Permit Request Form to ISD Parking Services via email.
- Monthly Rate Services – County Employee Rate Sheet
- Pay For Parking Services – Region 3 Civic Center
- Department Services (County Employee Parking, HOJ, Adam/Grand, Health Services) – Region 3 and Region 2 Rate Sheet Downtown
- The Music Center Event Parking (AP14) & The Walt Disney Concert Hall (AP 16) – Region 1 Rate Sheet Outlying
View the list of ISD Managed Lots – Click Here
Planning & Administration
Melody Velazquez, Section Manager
Annually, ISD establishes rates that are charged to customers through a review of previous costs, increases in County costs (e.g., health benefits and wages), and changes in service demands from customers. For the complete customer rate handbook of charges, please click here…
Why does it seem like ISD’s costs are so much higher?
Most departments are managed through a traditional budget that is established at the start of the year, and then spending is managed within that budget. ISD is not designed that way. ISD is designed like a business that must generate revenue from customers to pay for the costs to deliver services.
When departments ask “Why does ISD staff cost so much more than ours?”, they are making an apples to oranges comparison. A traditionally budgeted department tends to only look at the cost of staff. ISD also must include everything else it takes to run ISD. Therefore, the rate ISD charges include costs to do your work and costs to support it. For a sample of how customers are charged for direct and indirect costs, please click on this sample rate breakdown for Craft Services.
- Charges for Services – PLAD assists with funding services through Service Requests (SRs), Departmental Service Orders (DSOs), and other ways in which customers pay for services.
- Rate Setting – PLAD establishes direct and indirect rates for customers in each of the operations divisions (See section below on rates)
Program and Project Management
Program and Project Management Division
Thomas DeSantis, Division Manager
Margarita Berrueco, Secretary
Project Delivery Section
Maria Alfaro, Secretary
Facility Condition Assessment Section
Cesar Espinosa, Section Manager
Program & Space Planning Section
Alex Huang, Section Manager
Program Controls Section
Tatevik Magakyan, Administrative Service Mgr. II
Program & Project Management Division assigns a Project Manager to oversee each project. The Project Manager meets regularly with the customer department to discuss project statuses and answer any inquiries.
AD HOC inquiries regarding active projects, customer departments please submit your inquiry to: PPMinquiry@isd.lacounty.gov.
Customer Funded Projects. There are two types of customer funded projects. One type is for a refurbishment or replacement of a building system, and another type is for a large-scale maintenance work on a building system. While they seem similar, the law and BOS policy treats them differently in terms of required approvals.
- Refurbishment/Replacement – If you have a refurbishment or replacement project that you are funding from your department budget that is less than $100,000, then it does not need BOS approval. Refurbishment/replacement projects that have an overall value of $100,000 or greater require BOS approval for the construction work via a Board Letter. ISD will lead the Board Letter process with input from the customer department, County Counsel, the CEO and then the BOS itself. Please note, the law was changed to allow this threshold to go up to $330,000, and ISD is working to get the needed changes to allow this new threshold to be used.
- Maintenance Projects – The law does not require the BOS to approve maintenance projects. However, it is BOS policy to notify them via memo of maintenance projects that are $150,000 or greater. ISD also leads this process for the customer, by providing a written memorandum of the scope of work and the customer department. By practice, ISD allows a period for feedback from the BOS prior to commencing with the work.
Customers should direct requests for space planning assistance to Planning Section Manager Alex Huang via email at AHuang@isd.lacounty.gov or call (562) 413-1165).
Cesar Espinosa, Section Manager
Facility Condition Assessment
(323) 881-3974 (office)
(562) 334-7374 (mobile)
Upon review of a Building Assessment Report, or any other Assessment related data, if a Customer Department has follow-up questions, they are encouraged to reach out to the Facility Condition Assessment Section Manager using the above listed contact information. Customer inquiries regarding existing assessment data, or to request a dedicated field visit to validate a specific building condition are welcome as they can often result in an opportunity to improve our baseline assessment data.
- ISD writes the first draft of the Board Letter based on the scope of work, and any legal requirements based on the project. For example, the project may trigger a CEQA review or Civic Arts requirements.
- ISD provides the draft to the customer department for review and edits. The customer department provides the rationale, funding information and the benefits of the project.
- ISD shares the Board Letter draft with the CEO Finance Office related to the customer department funding for verification of fund availability and scope review.
- ISD shares the draft with County Counsel to review legal requirements pertaining to the work.
- ISD then conducts an internal readiness review through the ISD Director’s Office to ensure the Board Letter is ready for Board Office reviews.
- ISD files the Board Letter through the CEO’s Office to be placed on the appropriate BOS Cluster Agenda. ISD and a representative from the customer department attend the Cluster meeting to present and/or answer any questions about the Board Letter.
- ISD then files the Board Letter to go to the Board Agenda. If there were questions or actions in the Cluster Meeting, ISD works with the customer department first to resolve those issues, then moves it to the BOS agenda.
- Facility Reinvestment Program – PPM serves as the County-wide Program Manager for the Facility Reinvestment Program (FRP), which is a centrally funded program by the CEO to improve the overall condition of County owned assets. The FRP focuses on building systems such as HVAC, roofing, plumbing, and electrical systems that are determined to be in the most severe condition.
- Customer Funded Projects – PPM also provides project management for the delivery of JOC projects that are funded directly by customers who have repairs and modernization that fall outside of the FRP program, and projects customer elect to do that may quality for the FRP but the customer may want to do them sooner.
- Facility Assessments – PPM is the central home of assessing the condition of County buildings, mainly for the purpose of establishing a prioritization score for projects in the FRP. The Facility Assessment team’s work is also beneficial for customer departments that may not be eligible for FRP funding, or seeking to establish capital investment plans based on the priorities of conditions.
- Space Planning – PPM offers space planning services for both County-owned and leased facilities. The team assists customers as they grow, change, lease or decrease their footprint as the result of telework. Space planning is led by an architect team of experts in space design.
Hubert (Bert) Westby, Manager
The Estimate Request Form has a designated area for customers to include as much detailed information as possible for your event. The information provided will assist our team of event specialists to quote your services and estimate costs as closely aligned to the actual costs for the day.
Once customers submit the Estimate Request Form, the Special Services team may need to discuss and go over your event request details further to ensure all details are covered. They may also need to conduct a “Job Walk” with you or a designated representative if the site or the set-up requested is unique.
A two (2) week minimum advance notice will assist Special Services with planning accordingly.
Once all the details are confirmed, customers will receive an Event Cost Estimate for your event via the e-mail address provided on the Event Request Form.
Customers need to fill out a Service Request (SR) form.
This Service Request is used for various services within ISD. Once the SR is completed, please e-mail form to CustomerCenterOPS@isd.lacounty.gov and SpecialServices@isd.lacounty.gov
Filling Out a Service Request
Steps for completing the Service Request (SR):
- Fill out information in fields #2-31 (Other boxes are for office use only).
- After filling out fields #2-31, email the completed SR to CustomerCenterOPS@isd.lacounty.gov and SpecialServices@isd.lacounty.gov.
- Once the form is emailed, Customers will receive an Auto-Generated Reply from the Customer Service Center or Special Services stating the request has been received.
- Customer Service Center will process requests and submit to the Finance Division within ten (10) minutes of receipt. After Finance Division enters the SR in the Basis System and approval is received, they will forward the SR to the Customer Service Center no later than the next business day. The Customer Service Center will then assign the request to Custodial Services.
- Once we receive your funded SR, we will confirm via telephone/e-mail that your event has been approved and scheduled.
A two (2) week minimum advance notice is requested to book your event, this will provide ample time to get event details reviewed for any special needs that must be accommodated and to prioritize event should other event requests be submitted for the same date.To obtain an estimate for your event, please fill out the Estimate Request Form.
Email any questions to SpecialServices@isd.lacounty.gov.
To book an event with us, fill out the Estimate Request Form completely.
The Estimate Request Form is designed to assist you in planning out your event by providing a comprehensive list of options that you may need for your event. Your completed form will allow us to generate a cost estimate for your event.
Finally, once you receive your cost estimate, complete and submit a funded service request and that’s it! Once we receive your funded Service Request, we will confirm via telephone/email that your event has been approved and scheduled. All that’s left is for you and your department to enjoy a well-planned event!
Special Services User Guide
Special Services has a User Guide to assist in planning and estimating the cost of your event, click on the link to help navigate through this process:
Need to make an emergency request?
Call us at (323) 351-8697
Unlike traditional departments that are fully funded through the budgeting process, ISD covers its costs for services like a business by charging fees for our services.
Therefore, ISD needs to receive what is called “A funded Service Request” which provides payment information for ISD to use when the event has concluded and charge your account.
Check the status of my event OR change/update my event?
Email SpecialServices@isd.lacounty.gov or call (323) 267-3178
Follow Up on my Upcoming Event
Please contact your Special Services professional who originally confirmed your Special Services Estimate Form.
Special Services offers a one stop shop support service to help you host your next special event for your Board of Supervisor’s Office or department ceremony, press conference, ribbon cutting or other type of event.
Special Services has hundreds of stock items in-house, from tables and chairs, to specialty items like heaters for chilly days and nights. As a one-stop shop Special Services will coordinate for items we have in-house and for items that may need to be contracted. This can include larger stages or canopies that are not used often and may be more financially efficient to rent on occasion given cost of the equipment and setup. We will also work with the ISD Audio team to represent your need for microphones, amplified sound, and technical support so you get services from one team, Special Services!
Special Services offers seamless support service to help you host your next special event for your Board of Supervisor’s Office or department ceremony, press conference, ribbon cutting or other type of event.
Special Services has hundreds of stock items in-house, from tables and chairs, to specialty items like heaters for chilly days and nights. As a one-stop shop Special Services will coordinate for items we have in-house and for items that may need to be contracted. This can include larger stages or canopies that are not used often and may be more financially efficient to rent on occasion given cost of the equipment and setup. We will also work with the ISD’s Audio team to represent your need for microphones, amplified sound, and technical support so you get services from one team, Special Services!